The article deals with publication of articles in international scientific journals and related problems. A researcher's main point to consider when selecting a scientific journal and “traps” encountered by the authors are investigated. In recent years, information, examples and detecting methods of predatoryand “hijacked” journals used by cybercriminals as a tool are proposed. It also lists facts such as kidnapping sensitive personal data. Information is provided on the journals which are targeted by the criminals and nuances on avoiding tp fall into the trap of predatoryjournals and publishing houses are listed (pp.97-106).
- MartinoS., Perramon X. Phishing secrets: history, effects, and countermeasures // International Journal of Network Security, 2010, vol.11, no.3, pp.163−171.
- Carl E. “On Predatory Publishers: a Q&A With Jeffrey Beall”. Brainstorm. The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2012, 5 June, http://www.chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/on-predatory-publishers-a-qa-with-jeffrey-beall/47667.
- Beall J. Predatory publishing is just one of the consequences of gold open access // Learned Publishing, 2013, vol.26, no.2, pp.79-83.
- Beall J. Predatory publishers are corrupting open access // Nature, 2012, vol.489, no.7415, http://www.nature.com/news/predatory-publishers-are-corrupting-open-access-1.11385.
- Beall J. Essential information about predatory publishers and journals. International Higher Education, 2016, http://ejournals.bc.edu/ojs/index.php/ihe/article
- Hijacked Journals, http://www.beallslist.weebly.com/hijacked-journals.html
- Jalalian M., Dadkhah M. The full story of 90 hijacked journals from August 2011 to June 2015 // Geographica Pannonica, 2015, vol.19, no.2, pp.73-87.
- Grant B. Elsevier published 6 fake journals // The Scientist, 2009b, http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/27383/title/Elsevier-published-6-fake-journals .
- Machacek V., Srholec M. Predatory journals in Scopus, IDEA, 2017, http://www.go.nature. com/2wd3es7
- Список «мусорных» журналов, http://www.gazeta.ru/science/2017/04/19_a_1063
- Identifying Predatory Publishers, http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/
- Jalalian M. The story of fake impact factor companies and how we detected them // Electronic physician, 2015, vol.7, no.2, pp.1069−1072.
- Criteria for Determining Predatory Open-Access Publishers.,http:www.//scholarlyoa.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/criteria-2012-2.pdf.