Today, the waste of electrical and electronic equipment has created a number of global problems, and their solution is as urgent as other environmental problems. The article explores the issues related to the potential danger of e-waste to human health. For this, the data from a number of international normative documents and authoritative journals is collected, systematized and classified. The feasibility of classifying the waste according to the criterion “hazardous-safe” is substantiated. The main goal of the study is to identify the cause-effect relationship between hazardous waste and their harm. The elements and connections of electronic waste, the harmful environment they create, the relationship of pathological conditions related to human health (pp.68-74).
- Directive 2012/19/EU of the European Parliament and the Council. (2012). On waste, electrical and electronic equipment.
- Directive 2008/98/ec of the European Parliament and of the Council (2008 on waste and repealing certain Directives. Official Journal of the European Union, 15(034), 99-126.
- Balde, C.P., Forti, V., Gray, V., Kuehr, R., Stegmann, P. (2017). The Global E-waste Monitor. Quantities, Flows, and Resources–2017, Bonn/Geneva/Vienna:.United Nations University (UNU), International Telecommunication Union (ITU) & International Solid Waste Association (ISWA).
- Forti, V., Balde, C.P., Kuehr, R., Bel, G. (2020). The Global E-waste Monitor 2020: Quantities, Flows and the circular economy potential. Bonn/Geneva/Rotterdam: UNU/UNITAR SCYCLE, ITU & ISWA. https://collections.unu.edu/eserv/UNU:7737/GEM_2020_def_july1.pdf
- Ivanova, M.A. (2016). Study of the possibility of using international practices for the processing of electronic waste. Krasnoyarsk (in Russian)
- Shubov, L.Ya., Ivankov, S.I., Skobelev, K.D., Doronkina, I.G., Zagorskaya, D.A. (2020). Systematization of technologies for processing and disposal of electronic and electrical waste. (in Russian) Ecological systems and devices, 2, 35-48. https://doi.org/10.25791/esip.02. 2020. 1138
- Mahipal Singh Sankhla, Mayuri Kumari, Manisha Nandan, Shriyash Mohril, Gaurav Pratap Singh, Bhaskar Chaturvedi, Dr. Rajeev Kumar (2016). Effect of Electronic waste on Environmental & Human health-A. Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 10(9), 98-104.
- Aghayev, B.S., Mehtiyev, Sh.A., Aliyev, T.S. (2018). About the hazardous effects of medical electronic equipment and their waste on human health and the environment. Moscow, Information Society, 6, 30-38. (in Russian)
- Wang, F., Huisman, J., Balde, K., Stevels, A. (2012). A systematic and compatible classification of WEEE. Berlin: Tudelft publishing house.
- Forti, V., Balde, C.P., Kuehr, R. (2018). E-waste Statistics. Guidelines on classification, reporting and indicators. Second edition. Bonn: UNU.
- Kristen Grant, Fiona C Goldizen, Peter D Sly, Marie-Noel Brune, Maria Neira, Martin van den Berg, Rosana E Norman (2013). Health consequences of exposure to e- waste: a systematic review. Lancet Glob Health, 1, 350-361.
- Sonawane, P.M. and Gupta, S.G. (2020). Detailed Quantification of Toxic and Precious Metal Content of Scrap Mobile PCB by FE SEM/EDAX and Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectroscopy Method. Applied Ecology and Environmental Sciences, 8(2), 55-63.
- Gost 12.1.007-76. Hazardous substances. (2007). Classification and general safety requirements Moscow: Standartinform (in Russian)
- SP1.7.1386-03. Sanitary rules for determining the hazard class of toxic production and consumption wastes (2011). (in Russian) https://docs.cntd.ru/document/901865875.
- Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal. Switzerland: International Environment House (1989).
- Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parlament and of the Council of 8 June 2011. Оn the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS). Official Journal of the European Union, 15(032), 147-169.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu /eli/dir/ 2011/ 65/oj
- Aghayev, B.S., Aliyev, T.S. (2015). Practices on e-waste management in the European Union. Problems of the Information Society, 1, 81-88. (in Russian)
- Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on Industrial and Domestic Waste, 1998. (in Azerbaijani)
- Review of existing national and international legislation in the field of control of transboundary movements of hazardous wastes and their environmentally sound management in the CIS countries (2015). Moscow: Center for International Projects. (in Russian)
- State Statistics Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan. (2016). The use of recycled raw materials. Statistical Annual Bulletin of the Committee. (in Azerbaijani)