STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF STATISTICAL DATA ON THE EVALUATION OF TREATMENT PROCESSES IN HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The article addresses the identification and structural analysis of the statistical data necessary for analysis and evaluation of treatment processes within the framework of medical information systems. The role and place of statistical indicators in decision making processes, the purpose of statistical analysis, types of indicators, as well as statistical standards and criteria were particularly researched. Comparative analysis of hospital indicators is provided. (pp. 52-60)
Keywords:health indicators, health services, statistical indicators, statistical standards and criterion, medical information systems
- Isaac T, Ashish K. Are Patient Safety Indicators Related to Widely Used Measures of Hospital Quality? // J Gen Intern Med, 2008, №9, pp. 1373–1378.
- Rvangard R, et al. A Study of Patient Length of Stay in Tehran University of Medical Sciences’ Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialty Hospital and its Associated Clinical and Nonclinical Factors // Hakim J, 2010, 3, pp. 129-135.
- Lim E, et al.Using hospital readmission rates to track the quality of care in public hospitals in Singapore // BMC Health Services Research, 2011, №1, pp. 16-18.
- Nakagawa Y, et al. New Indicators Based on Personnel Cost for Management Efficiency in a Hospital // J Med Syst, 2011, № 35, pp. 625–637.
- Freitas A, et al. A Framework for the Production and Analysis of Hospital Quality Indicators, ITBAM, 2011, LNCS 6865, pp. 96–105.
- Poss J, et al. A review of evidence on the reliability and validity of Minimum Data Set data // Healthc Manage Forum, 2008, № 21, pp. 33–39.
- Coory M., Duckett S., Sketcher-Baker K. Using control charts to monitor quality of hospital care with administrative data // International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 2007, pp. 1–9.
- Justin B., Dimick H., Gilbert W., John D. Surgical Mortality as an Indicator of Hospital Quality The Problem With Small Sample Size // JAMA, 2006, № 292 (7), pp. 847-851.
- Mainz J. Developing clinical indicators // Int J Qual Health Care, 2003, №1, pp. 5–11.
- Mainz J. Defining and classifying clinical indicators for quality improvement // International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 2003, №6, pp. 523–530.
- Abbasi Sh, Tavakoli N, Moslehi M. Readiness of Hospitals with Quality Management Systems Based on Joint Commission on Accreditation Standards // Health Information Management, 2012, № 4, pp. 502-512.
- Shahian, D.M. et al. Variability in the measurement of hospital-wide mortality rates // Engl J Med, 2010; № 26, pp. 2530–2539.
- Campbell S. Kontopantelis E. Framework and indicator testing protocol for developing and piloting quality indicators for the UK quality and outcomes framework // BMC Family Practice, 2011, № 12, p. 85, http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-229 6/12/85
- Palangkaraya A., Yong J. Effects of competition on hospital quality: an examination using hospital administrative data // Eur J Health Econ, 2013, № 14, pp. 415–429.
- Bonfill X. et al. Development of quality of care indicators from systematic reviews: the case of hospital delivery // Implementation Science, 2013, №8, 42, http://www.implementationscience.com/content/8/1/42
- Thomas I., Ashish K. Are Patient Safety Indicators Related to Widely Used Measures of Hospital Quality? // J Gen Intern Med, 2008, №9, pp.1373–1378.
- Iadanza E. et al. A hospital structural and technological performance indicators set // IFMBE Proceedings, 2007, №16, pp. 752–755.
- Taslimi M.S., Zayandeh M. Challenges of Hospital Performance Assessment System Development: Literature Review // Hakim Research Journal, 2013, №1, pp. 35-41.
- Arzemani M. et al. The Comparison of performance indicators in educational hospitals of North Khorasan Universities of Medical Sciences with the standards of the country in 2011-2012 // Journal of North Khorasan University of Medical Sciences, 2012, № 4, pp. 513-521.
- Hadi M., Sajadi H.S., Sajadi Z.S. Is There any Method to Compare Key Indicators of Hospital Performance Simultaneity? // Health Inf Manage, 2011, №1, pp. 75-85
- Ebadi F., Ansari H., Rezapoor A. Study of Daily Bed Occupancy Costs And Performance Indexes in Selected Hospital of Iran University of Medical Sciences // Health Management J, 2004?, № 7, pp. 37-44.
- Michiel J. et al. The Effect of Competition on Process and Outcome Quality of Hospital Care in the Netherlands // De Economist, 2013, №161, pp. 121–155.
- Ebadi A. Comparing performance indicators of obstetric and gynecology ward with expected limits of indicators // Hospital Journals, 201, №1, pp.53-61.
- Amerioun A. et al. Assessment of International Joint Commission (IJC) accreditation standard in a military hospital laboratory // Iranian Journal of Military Medicine, 2011, №2, pp.75-80.
- Raeisi A.R, Asefzadeh S, Yarmohammadiyan M.H. A comparative study of accreditation information models in Europe and America // J Health Inf Manag 2007, № 2, pp.1-9.
- Ahmadi M., Khoshgam M., Mohammadpoor A. Comparative study of the Ministry of Health standards for hospitals with Joint Commission International hospital accreditation standards // Hakim Research Journal, 2008, №4, pp. 45- 52.
- Arab M., Pourreza A., Ravangard R. Is there a relationship between evaluation scores of hospitals affiliated with tums and their performance? // Healthcare Information and Management 2005, pp.1-7.
- Rafiei M. Bed occupancy rate modeling in Shiraz hospitals // Qazvin Univ Med Sci J, 2008, №2, pp.56-62.