In this article, the current state of IT-profile education in Azerbaijan is analyzed. The technique of quantitative assessment of IT specialists’ demand market that considers the number of IT graduates and mandatory replacement of the specialists outflow from the IT segment is developed. The imbalance in the supply and demand of IT specialists at the national level, in the ICT segment and in other branches of economy is determined (pp.26-36).
- Strategic Roadmap for Telecommunications and Information Technology Development, December 6, 2016, p. 65, http://www.president.az/articles/22382
- Education, science and culture in Azerbaijan, Statistical bulletin, http://www.stat.gov.az.
- McGuinness S., Pouliakas, Redmond P. How useful is the concept of skills mismatch? ILO, Geneva, 2017, 44 p.
- Measuring skills mismatch. Analytical Web Note. European Commission. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2015, 44 p.
- Mammadova M.H., Jabrailova Z.G., Mammadzada F.R. Demand and Supply in the IT-segment of the Labor Market of Azerbaijan // Problems of information technology, 2016, №2, pp.107-122.
- Mammadova M.H., Jabrayilova Z.G., Mammadzada F.R. Fuzzy approach to estimate the demand and supply quantitative imbalance at the labor market of information technology specialists // International journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications in Engineering, 2015, vol.3, no.4, pp.140–143.
- Mammadova M.H., Mammadzada F.R Object-oriented approach to determining the relevance of IT education to the demand in the market of IT-specialists // Education and Science, Moscow, 2014, No 5, pp.54–67.
- Mammadova M.H., Mammadzada F.R Development of the conceptual basics for the intellegent management of the demand and supply of IT-specialists in the labor market // East-European Journal of Advanced Technologies, 2015, Vol. 4, No 3 (76), pp.53–67.
- Didero M., HusingT., Korte W.B. Monitoring e-Skills demand and supply in Europe: Synthesis report “The evolution of the supply and demand of e-Skills in Europe”. European Commission, 2009, 58 p.
- Ticol D. Labour supply/demand dynamics of Canada’s information and communications technology (ICT) sector. Final Report /Nordicity, 2012, 30 p.
- Sukeyri R.M. Planning the replacement of staff in the organizations of the UN system, Geneva, 2016, p.115.
- Masuma H. Mammadova, Faig R. Mammadzada. Development of the technique of assessing the total number of it professionals in Azerbaijan // Problems of information technology, 2018, №1, pp.53–64
- Mammadova M.H., Jabrayilova Z.G., Manafli M.I. Monitoring of demand for IT-specialists, Baku: "Information Technology", 2009, 199 p.
- Stetsenko A. Age discrimination in IT and how to live with it, https://dou.ua/lenta/columns/age-in-it
- Sutcliffe J. Four common tech ageism myths debunked with data, 2017, https://www.visier.com/clarity/four-common-tech-ageism-myths-debunked