SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS IN TEACHING INFORMATICS THROUGH APPLICATION OF EDUCATIONAL GAMES AND INTELLECTUAL TESTS
The article explores the problems faced during the teaching of Informatics. It highlights the importance of educational games, intellectual tests and crossword puzzles for increasing the activity of students, the quality of instruction, and the acquisition and evaluation of knowledge. Moreover, the article substantiates the necessity for the development of various electronic terminology tests, crossword puzzles and computer games as the evaluation mechanisms of the intellectual level of individuals in certain knowledge fields. In this regard, non-standard methods used in the education system of foreign countries are analyzed, and some solutions are proposed (pp.79-86).
Keywords:education quality, knowledge evaluation, motivation, educational games, computer games, terminology tests, crossword puzzles.
- Badmaeva N. Ts., Motivational mechanisms of the development of general mental abilities. // Bulletin of the Buryat State University, Series "Psychology", 2005, pp. 126-131.
- Nikitin P.V., Gorokhova R.I., Zaykov A.S. The use of computer games as a factor of improving the quality of teaching computer science // Educational Technologies and Society, Kazan National Research Technological University (Kazan), pp. 397-409.
- Terminological tests, https://www.studopedia.su/14_134923_terminologicheskie-testi.html
- Hotz R.L. When Gaming Is Good for You, The Wall Street Journal, 2012, https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203458604577263273943183932
- Terminological test-simulator on History, http://www.xn--i1abbnckbmcl9fb.xn--p1ai/
- Heineman D.S..Thinking about Video Games: Interviews with the Experts, 2015, Indiana University Press, 268 p.
- Mardanov M., Aghamaliyev R., Meherabov A., Gardashov T. Monitoring and Evaluation in Education System, Baku, Elm, 2010, 210 p.
- Klopfer E. Augmented Learning: Research and Design of Mobile Educational Games [e-book]. MIT Press; 2008. Available from: eBook Collection, Ipswich, MA. Reprint edition 2011, 272 p.
- De Gloria A., Bellotti F., Berta R., Lavagnino E. Serious Games for education and training University of Genoa // International Journal of Serious Games. Vol 1, No 1, 2014, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alessandro_De_Gloria2/publication/286244094_Serious_Games_for_education_and_training/links/56af388708ae28588c62ecf9/Serious-Games-for-education-and-training.pdf
- The River City Project. http://www.muve.gse.harvard.edu/rivercityproject/
- Njoroge M.C., Ndung’u R.W., Gathigia M.G. The Use of Crossword Puzzles as a Vocabulary Learning Strategy: A Case of English as Second Language in Kenyan Secondary Schools // International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 5, Issue, 02, February, 2013, pp. 313-321.